One week ago, Norie and Leia were here.
The Sweet daphne decided to peep out a little in celebration.
I guess it took a clue from big sister's tree.
There was a lot of activity in the kitchen. Norie made cupcakes for Leia to take to school in celebration of her pending birthday.
Peter, Papa, Nikko, and I celebrated Peter's acceptance to grad school. Of course a meal was needed.
The chef made sure everything was done properly.
The magnolias have begun to open on the sunny side of the street. Some are a bit battered by high wind we have been having.
And the neighbor's flowering quince is peeping over our shared wall. It had a bumper crop of fruit last year. It is never picked but drops into out entry each fall.
Friday I spent a lovely day with a blogging friend and Saturday from early morning, taught knots to Scouts on the first class trail. Then it was a very late night because of dinner with the Oshimas who were in town. Today a very early start too to sing for the first service. Rain and big wind is expected tonight and tomorrow for our rice delivery.
I finished reading a good Newbery Honor book about Oregon trail and early settlers. It is called Moccasin Trail by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. I'll bet Ben would like it. I picked it up at the ASIJ book sale and it was falling apart as I read it but I'm glad I did. Wish I could send it off to Lucian's little library box!
Have a good week! Mom
The Sweet daphne decided to peep out a little in celebration.
I guess it took a clue from big sister's tree.
There was a lot of activity in the kitchen. Norie made cupcakes for Leia to take to school in celebration of her pending birthday.
Peter, Papa, Nikko, and I celebrated Peter's acceptance to grad school. Of course a meal was needed.
The chef made sure everything was done properly.
The magnolias have begun to open on the sunny side of the street. Some are a bit battered by high wind we have been having.
And the neighbor's flowering quince is peeping over our shared wall. It had a bumper crop of fruit last year. It is never picked but drops into out entry each fall.
Friday I spent a lovely day with a blogging friend and Saturday from early morning, taught knots to Scouts on the first class trail. Then it was a very late night because of dinner with the Oshimas who were in town. Today a very early start too to sing for the first service. Rain and big wind is expected tonight and tomorrow for our rice delivery.
I finished reading a good Newbery Honor book about Oregon trail and early settlers. It is called Moccasin Trail by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. I'll bet Ben would like it. I picked it up at the ASIJ book sale and it was falling apart as I read it but I'm glad I did. Wish I could send it off to Lucian's little library box!
Have a good week! Mom
Comments