Good morning! Today is the Vernal Equinox, a holiday here.
Papa had to run out early so I got to walk with Nikko to the park. After such cold and blustery weather, the late-blooming plum blossoms were blasted off the tree but other stuff has been lurking in the shadows waiting for today.
the house with the yappy little dogs had pansys on their steps.
The next house had cherry blossoms just testing the air.
The magnolia at the park entrance was in full bloom.
Though some of those flowers seem to have taken a beating in the wind.
This Illicium anisatum is beginning to bloom two houses down. I have been admiring this every year but couldn't figure out what it was until this Fall when I found the seeds as I was sweeping. I remember collecting these for Norie when we lived in Nishi Eifuku.
A few volunteers are in tthe hanging planters.
The white Sweet Daphne has followed the lead of Norie's bush.
These busy little fellows have been increasing by the day for the last week.
These hardy cyclamen seem glad that the cold weather is over.
To the North on the path we have a sudden attack of bridal wreath ... or is this baby's breath?
I miss the plant I had at Nishi Eifuku.
Their Yamabuki is in full bloom. It gets sun much of the day. Ours isn't even in bud yet.
I love Kerria. Some places in our area it blooms off and on all summer. It can get rather wild looking but it doesn't seem to mind being trimmed into a hedge. It is also easy to start from cuttings or divide at the base.
So, there you are, a small taste of Spring from Nerima.3-chome.
Have a happy day, Mom
Papa had to run out early so I got to walk with Nikko to the park. After such cold and blustery weather, the late-blooming plum blossoms were blasted off the tree but other stuff has been lurking in the shadows waiting for today.
the house with the yappy little dogs had pansys on their steps.
The next house had cherry blossoms just testing the air.
The magnolia at the park entrance was in full bloom.
Though some of those flowers seem to have taken a beating in the wind.
This Illicium anisatum is beginning to bloom two houses down. I have been admiring this every year but couldn't figure out what it was until this Fall when I found the seeds as I was sweeping. I remember collecting these for Norie when we lived in Nishi Eifuku.
A few volunteers are in tthe hanging planters.
The white Sweet Daphne has followed the lead of Norie's bush.
These busy little fellows have been increasing by the day for the last week.
These hardy cyclamen seem glad that the cold weather is over.
To the North on the path we have a sudden attack of bridal wreath ... or is this baby's breath?
I miss the plant I had at Nishi Eifuku.
Their Yamabuki is in full bloom. It gets sun much of the day. Ours isn't even in bud yet.
I love Kerria. Some places in our area it blooms off and on all summer. It can get rather wild looking but it doesn't seem to mind being trimmed into a hedge. It is also easy to start from cuttings or divide at the base.
So, there you are, a small taste of Spring from Nerima.3-chome.
Have a happy day, Mom
Comments