Skip to main content

Birthday Celebration

Saturday, we celebrated Leia's fifth birthday with an outing to Jindaiji.

I drove to Chofu Station where Norie, Hero, Mrs, Matsushima, and Leia joined the group.

Thank you Ken, for figuring out the GPS on my phone!




After a lunch at our favorite shop,
we found a spot under the cherry trees to spread out a ground-sheet.










Norie brought a cake she had made and decorated.


I was able to scare up enough candles and a book of matches.
















Isn't it pretty?

It sure did disappear quickly.













Leia was off to pick tiny blue flowers in the grass while we tidied up.














Next stop was at the pond. Those fish were so huge, they hardly needed more food.













I wonder what will happen to plans for cherry blossom viewing in April. These trees were pretty well in full bloom Saturday.















We needed a bit of bubble blowing on the wide lawn.

While Leia and Hiro were doing the bubble thing, the rest of us took in the greenhouses.

Then Norie went to fetch those two for the chiming of the clock.
















Mrs. Matsushima knows all the tunes and words of the chime songs.

We took another spin through the greenhouses. Checked out the shops and the shrine. I bought a deep red geranium for my flower box.

At last, we drove to Eifuku cho, where the talented pizza chef has opened his own lovely restaurant. He was glad to see old customers and offered champagne for a birthday toast. Leia and I had orange juice because I was driving.  The meal ended with a very pretty decorated plate ov desserts. Leia's name was along the bottom edge, flanked by stained glass roses. All in all, it was a lovely day with light sun in the afternoon, but becoming windy and chilly as evening came on. I'm sure Hero got some choice shots on his camera. I hope he will share those too.

Wish you all could have been there. The gardens were lovely with plenty to do and see.
Love, Mom

Comments

norie and hiro said…
Thanks for sharing the day and your photos with everyone, Mom!! I think you took better ones than we did...and you wrapped it up better than I could have! Sure do wish everyone in the family could have been there...it would have been a blast! Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! xoxxoNorie
Marie F said…
Happy Birthday, Leia! Thank you for the post and photos, Mom!
JulieJr said…
Wish we could have been there! Happy happy birthday dear Leia!
Thanks for sharing the photos, Mom. Lovely. --Julie