Okay, my posts are getting boring, yeah? We just got another couple of feet of snow, on top of what we've had so far. Above is a photo of our deck- you can see the snow is well over the 4' fence line in drifts- it actually goes up to the top of our windows!
Here's our back door. Last night at 11:30, I went to shovel and found that a plow had plowed in the entire back door that our building uses as a fire exit- about 6' in height and 4' in depth. I was fuming. Removing packed snow was a workout! Can you say folks (ahem, me) are starting to get grumpy?
I decided to go for a walk with my friend Steve today. Here he is above with a buried car.
Can you imagine digging out of this?


Markets closed:
Tough to find the trash barrels!:
Snow overhangs on buildings:
Snow and icicles:


Back home, here is our neighbor Divya, who has been out of school several times recently, including Monday and Tuesday. School systems are talking about extending the school year through the end of June!
Here's our back door. Last night at 11:30, I went to shovel and found that a plow had plowed in the entire back door that our building uses as a fire exit- about 6' in height and 4' in depth. I was fuming. Removing packed snow was a workout! Can you say folks (ahem, me) are starting to get grumpy?
I decided to go for a walk with my friend Steve today. Here he is above with a buried car.
Can you imagine digging out of this?
We walked along Newbury Street and saw this massive icicle:
Some fun shapes in the snow:
Very tall snow banks- see how they are now taller than people? And some creative snow play:
Tough to find the trash barrels!:
Snow overhangs on buildings:
Snow and icicles:
Back home, here is our neighbor Divya, who has been out of school several times recently, including Monday and Tuesday. School systems are talking about extending the school year through the end of June!
We made faces in the snow using some Jolly Rancher candy for eyes and nose. Divya loved that and wanted to try every single flavor - I gave some to his grandma to give him later:
It's a little worrisome as our transit system shut down yesterday and is closed today. We are expected to get more snow on Thursday and then again on the weekend. I really hope it's not too much- we are running out of places to put it! In the same vein, folks have been very helpful and it's been fun to get to know neighbors while digging out together.
Comments