
Team Boston Update: Here is Tim with his new hat and his right thumb in a cast. The hat was hand knit by Julie, and is just beautiful. Tim really likes it! The cast is courtesy of Beth Israel Hospital, and put there last week after Tim finally had his ski injury looked at. Current evaluation is negative on a bone avulsion, but they are still not sure whether it will require surgery or not.
Regardless of the cast, we both ran 15.9 miles last weekend for our training run, and are scheduled to run 17 this coming weekend. So far, so good, but every day is different. We hope to stay on schedule with the training and our pacing, and Jacques and Ruth will provide a big boost by coming to our Team session this weekend and talking. For those of you who haven't looked, I am keeping a training blog at http://runforcancer.blogspot.com/ .
I recall Norie's comments on signs of spring and post our weekend photo of the day here. Spring is just a few weeks away...:
Comments
-- Julie
Thanks very much for the hat. Just the right colors for my taste.
It also arrived just in time for our little blizzard so it has already been put to use. We have a grand crop of snow and ice! I hope to see crocuses around April Fool's Day. Best Tim
After a tumble like that, I'm glad it was only your hand (finger? wrist?) that was hurt!
I must say, I really don't know how you guys can run around in that weather...you both must either be insane or just incredibly determined!
Gambare, Tim! Gambare, Marie!