Hi All:
Tim and I went camping over the Memorial Day weekend. It was so nice to get away, we didn't even mind that it rained all weekend. :-)
The first day, we drove out through western Massachusetts. Clarksburg State Park is at the upper northwest corner of the state. It's a beautiful area, and close to Williamsburg, where we visited the Clark Institute last year.
Day 1: Tim made an appointment for us at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA).
We didn't go here, but Tim was hoping...
Joseph Beuys:
Wall murals:
Rauschenberg:
Tim's reflection in an Anish Kapoor piece:
I liked this...
And this:
No photos of this, but Laurie Anderson had a virtual reality installation that we tried out, called 'Aloft'. It takes you through what seems to be a plane crash, where you are floating in space, able to touch different objects that speak to you and take you to multiple planets. It was interesting, but I learned I was not very interactive; the attendant came up several times to adjust my apparatus. After the experience ended, it turned out that she thought my equipment was malfunctioning. Oh well. It was still fun, but I think I need to try it again. Left a card for Porchfest on their message board!
Here is Tim, cooking soup in the rain- he was great to bring a pop-up tent- we stayed dry, even if we couldn't have a fire!
The next day, Tim went fishing in the morning, while I took a walk around the camp- there was a loop trail around a pond:
When he came back, we packed up and went for a rainy hike- not much to see other than fog...
But some beautiful fern
And- the weather held off enough to have a fire, hooray!
Next day, coming home through Shelburne- stopped on the side of the road and had some sandwiches
Not a lot of traffic!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
-Tim and Marie
























Comments