Here's Leia in our COLD(!!!) genkan with Hiro's mother's embroidered hina wall hanging...(and hina ningyo tops that Hiro bought as a gift for her). She never wears that chan-chan-ko that I "reupholstered" by sewing new fabric over the old faded original fabric, but it was a very cold night!
And one of Leia with her best friend and neighbor, Yoko, who came to see the 5 step display and enjoy some hina arare after school! (See Leia wearing the nice knit dress sent for Christmas from Aunt Marie and Uncle Tim!)
Hope you all have a nice hina matsuri!!
Comments
I remember the first time we set the dolls up here in the tiny house on this spot. We had to fold up the playpen to make a space. We went out at night to pick up the set in nearby Ekota, then set it up at night. In the morning the tape recorder was running when Julie came down the stairs, hoping to get her first words. She stood and stared and didn't say a thing. Maybe that is just as well because I don't have to worry what to do with one more thing.