Happy Doll Festival Day!
We couldn't find the steps, so we winged it, but were able to display them as of yesterday. Julie, these the dolls/display items on the bottom 5 tiers are yours for Naomi, and once I fix up the small broken parts, they'll be going to the storage for shipment. Hopefully you can display them next year (maybe in Naomi's bedroom?!)!!
Kimie, we have to find a way to maybe fix up Baba's old ones (they are a bit more destroyed - the bonbori are completely torn and broken) which may need professional repair to have for Irene. After these are put away, I'll assess the damage, take photos and let you know the condition. I think we have the full set, but it's just a matter of repair.
Hiro's mom tells me that you can go by the kyureki (Chinese) calendar, and leave them up until March 3 in the new calendar (in April sometime) and your daughters will still be able to find marriage partners when they grow up : )
Enjoy!!
Comments