Yesterday, Leia and I went to a new year's gathering at the park where we grow wheat with a community farm. While we were preparing the fire for our suiton dumpling soup, some were gathering ginko nuts and other kids played in the snow...but Leia found a perfect opportunity to fly Grandma's kite! She ran around until her boots were soaked through (I didn't think to bring her snow boots!), but even then, she still wanted to fly it!
Thanks for the great kite, Grandma!! :) Ever since we got it, Leia had been asking to fly it, but we delayed the activity because of the snow. This was the first chance we got - who cares about a little snow in your boots! ;)

"Agatteru yo, mama!"
(Notice the people gathering ginko nuts in the background.)
| Her expression here doesn't reflect the one she had on for most of the time she was flying the kite, but it's the only one I could catch close up...! |
After
the meal, we made neat mobile ornaments from the wheat straw - a
Finnish tradition, apparently, called Himmel, to celebrate the harvest
and hope for a good harvest in the new year. Here's a photo of the one I made:
They say it might snow again this week...!
Hope everyone's enjoying the new year so far!
Comments