Happy Halloween from Portland!
OK family, here are a few photos before they get so old that it is not even worth posting!
Many, many thanks to Jon and Maria for a hand-me-down costume for Naomi. Really guys, you don't know how much I stress out about Halloween, and because I didn't have to figure out costumes for all *three* children, I was feeling pretty good this year.
The other reason I was feeling so good is because Kimie decided she was going to make Ben's costume. Every year I freak out because Ben does not want to be a superhero or ghost, skeleton, or any other costume you can easily find in a second hand shop, or even purchase brand new! In the last 3 years, he has been a raccoon, wolf, and last year he wanted to be a flying squirrel, but that was just insurmountable for me, so I gave up, and he wore the raccoon again! This year, he wanted to be a chipmunk, and Kimie said to me, "Julie, Ben is going to be a chipmunk!" She ordered a brown hooded sweatshirt that arrived in the mail yesterday, and she spent the afternoon at my house, sewing brown, white, and black fleece stripes together. Naomi was napping, the boys were at a baseball game, and I tried to entertain Irene. Anyway, I sewed the ears and tail today, and voila -- Ben had his chipmunk costume!
And by the way, if Irene isn't the cutest ladybug ever, I will eat my shirt!
Pouring rain yesterday, and more expected by tomorrow, but nice dry weather for Paul's final baseball game, and trick or treating!
Here's Paul with his "Fall Ball" team, Wilshire Riverside Little League
Papa bought donuts for the whole team, and enough to share with siblings too!
Comments
Up to the last minute I was making a cat tail and ears for Leia. I had to leave it to Norie to finish up so no photos yet... she went out the door in the tail so we await the grand finale. Norie?
Thanks for sharing Julie/Luc! Irene and Naomi are just too cute... couldn't stop looking at the pics! Thanks again! I finally got around to posting mine... enjoy.
Sorry to be such losers over here - we just couldn't get Leia to wear her costume...she loves pretending she's a cat, so I thought it would be a purrfect idea to have a cat costume, but maybe it wasn't her idea of fun!! Oh well!! We'll keep testing it on her to see if we can get one shot to share with you all someday! It just might have to be while she's sleeping! :P