Skip to main content
Green light for the birthing home!

Today Hiro came with me to the OB doctor's office and we have great news...at 36 weeks, the baby is only about 50 or so grams from being considered full-term and is a healthy size - not too big, not too small, the head is already set in the proper position for a smooth birth, heart rate is very strong, all organs are properly functioning.

The one thing that we were most concerned about was a low placenta (which had been detected earlier on in my pregnancy) because if it didn't rise, we'd be considered high-risk and wouldn't be approved for birth at the birthing home, but yesterday it was confirmed that the placenta is high enough and in a safe place for birth any day!! Needless to say, the doctor had been pretty strict with me all along because of my age, so we were very relieved that she found no reason why I couldn't go ahead with a natural birth at the birthing home as we'd been hoping for! :) Yay!!

We still have lots to prepare for before the big day, so we're hoping for a bit more time...but of course will welcome our little one whenever he or she is ready! :) Yesterday, I finished making the second little "kimono" undergarment out of the softest cotton gauze and am looking forward to seeing them filled :)

Sorry, no picture updates, but hope to get Hiro to take some soon - wish we had someone to take some nice ones of us as eager and expectant parents...but that might not happen...

Comments

Marie F said…
Hi Norie- thanks for the update. Bring that baby all along to full term and take care of yourself! I am sure Hiro is taking good care of you. Mom, Papa- did you see that last part about photos? Please take some for the expectant parents!-Marie
norie and hiro said…
Thanks, Marie.

Unfortunately, we had some bad news today - my blood test showed I'm slightly anemic :( I have no symptoms of anemia whatsoever, but this could be a yellow light for us...I'll have to go back for another blood test next week.

Please send positve Popeye iron-flowing vibes our way...!