Well, I am back after a GREAT trip to Portland. I decided to visit after Tim's plans were made to ski Utah that same week. I arrived in Portland on Sunday morning, was greeted by Julie and the kids and had enough time to get to the Museum for a family day they were having there featuring Egyptian culture. There was great music and some activities, which were enjoyed by all. Julie and Kimie had taiko in the evening, while I enjoyed playing with Paul and Ben. As you can tell, they are great at building structures with their block sets:
We had so much fun! I got to watch Paul and Ben at their swim classes, soccer class and after school. It was so nice for me!
Julie rode bike while I ran on most of my training days, and made a special time for my long run on Friday so that we could cover 13 miles along the Willamette River. Julie, thanks so much. I could not have done that without you and that was by far the most enjoyable long run I've had in a long long time.
Here's a few more pics. We had fun making pizza, and making cookies and also
muffins. Here's a picture of Paul post muffin:
And a picture of Luc and Ben at a group breakfast:

And here's a couple of pictures at a Vietnamese restaurant where we met Debra and Stephen Horn. That was really great to get together.
I didn't get to capture half of the things we did on camera. This includes Ken and Tiffany's driving up on Thursday night to hang out, my dinner with Kimie and Peter, the fun nights we had sitting around the table and talking, my babysitting fun on Friday and all the smiles and hugs I got from two wonderful nephews. I really enjoyed getting a chance to catch up with Julie and I think we talked pretty much non stop the entire time. :) Ken, you were great to wake up early and go to the airport, even though you were staying at Kimie's! Thanks for driving out there to say bye!
By the way, Julie had sent coffee order forms around and I ended up bring 20 lbs in my luggage- Julie, thanks for your support! I hope these friends living in the land of coffee think that Dean's Beans are up to par! I sure hope to see you all again, and thanks for the great memories I will carry around of this visit. Love you guys, Marie
Comments