Coming up the first weekend in February, is the Women's Conference... WOCON.
For the last few years I have taught a quilting basics class where the participants can make a small pot holder or mug-rug and learn the basics of piecing, basting, quilting and binding.
This year I am thinking of something like a drop-in class covering applique and needlework or simple embroidery.
The theme is "Changing with the Seasons", and after discussions with the planners, we are thinking of having participants select fabrics for seasons they love best and applique a leaf on the tree of life.
This is about one day's work ... but I sat through a loooong meeting last night which moved things along. I am kind of thinking of a border to represent each season.
Today Norie took some pictures of my vest.
Usually I wear a light down vest around the house but I think this one is a bit warmer.
(Maybe it is all the dog hair it has picked up in the process).
I think when time allows, I will add a bit more quilting around the owl's tail, otherwise I am satisfied.
The thinsulate is intended for use in clothing and is what I most often use in quilts.
It is a bit tacky but, though it makes it a bit hard to line up the front and back for basting (unless you have extra hands to place the top), For all the quilts I have used it, it never pills or shifts and washes well... even when the quilting is widely spaced.
I once heard that 3M was going to make quilt battings but that may never have happened. I just take it off the bolt and if needed, whip the edges together to make it larger.



Comments