Each day as I pass the bicycle store on the way to the station, I see this planter with three rose bushes. Just after I took this picture, the guy came out and cut off these three blooms.
What is amazing is the shape of the petals and the fact that these three blooms are about a month old.
The middle one is white and the others an orangy-pink. (The lower one is a bit faded with age but still holding its shape).
This flower just opened a few days ago... same bush but petals are single.
This is a bud on the same bush.
I don't know much about this variety of roses but I see it survives well in a planter.
It also seems to be resistant to blackspot and mildew, unlike most western varieties.
Maybe Julie or Marie knows more.
I wonder what my dad might say.
Comments