This morning around 7:30 Papa began having some severe pain in his legs. Well, I think that is what he had going on, leg cramps. He went to the diningroom and sat it a chair and when things didn't improve he made a bunch of phone calls and then called the ambulance. They came pretty quickiy because he was able to tell them how to get to our small street.
They packed him all up and whisked him off to the waiting ambulance. I was asked to go along so Nikko was left without her morning walk in her kennel and I went out with nothing to eat so I could sit in a hospital waiting room.
At about 12:00 Papa called me in and asked me to go home from there and fetch his good clothing so he could go off to his appointment. The Doctor, however, insisted I stay. Finally we met with the doctor. He said it wasn't a stroke this time but Papa's sugar was way off the charts and he was killing himself. The doctor wanted me to control him better. That is a laugh. The doctor told me to tell the family doctor to be more kibishii. I told that doctor that Papa only listens to what he wants to hear and he could find another doctor. When the doctor tried to explain the facts about what changes Papa needs to make in his lifestyle, Papa just said,"yeah, yeah, yeah" as he always does and insisted he had to leave because he had important business.
Papa grabbed a cab to the train station and went on his way without the good suit. I came home to walk Nikko and meet the refrigerator repairman who was coming to fix the ice maker that Papa has busted again.(the third time doing exactly the same thing) And he thinks Jonathan is a slow learner!
Well, I guess you will hear his side of the story later.
Mom
They packed him all up and whisked him off to the waiting ambulance. I was asked to go along so Nikko was left without her morning walk in her kennel and I went out with nothing to eat so I could sit in a hospital waiting room.
At about 12:00 Papa called me in and asked me to go home from there and fetch his good clothing so he could go off to his appointment. The Doctor, however, insisted I stay. Finally we met with the doctor. He said it wasn't a stroke this time but Papa's sugar was way off the charts and he was killing himself. The doctor wanted me to control him better. That is a laugh. The doctor told me to tell the family doctor to be more kibishii. I told that doctor that Papa only listens to what he wants to hear and he could find another doctor. When the doctor tried to explain the facts about what changes Papa needs to make in his lifestyle, Papa just said,"yeah, yeah, yeah" as he always does and insisted he had to leave because he had important business.
Papa grabbed a cab to the train station and went on his way without the good suit. I came home to walk Nikko and meet the refrigerator repairman who was coming to fix the ice maker that Papa has busted again.(the third time doing exactly the same thing) And he thinks Jonathan is a slow learner!
Well, I guess you will hear his side of the story later.
Mom
Comments