Visit to Portland: I had meant to post some time ago- I had a wonderful trip to OR in January, thanks to Julie's family, Kimie's family, and Ken, who drove up from Grants Pass.
My trip followed a brief 2 night stop in Austin, TX where Tim and I celebrated his dad's 70th birthday. It was fun seeing everyone and getting to play WiFit with Dylan. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be!
My photos are going to be blurry- they were taken with my blackberry.
First of all, I decided after arriving early at the airport in Austin to try standby flying. It was exciting not knowing for sure whether I'd make it early or not because of the connection in Denver, but both my bags and I made it about 3+ hours ahead of my schedule. Julie picked me up with Naomi, and dropped me at Kimie's (I think).
I had a nice stay at Kimie and Peter's new home- it is very spacious! Most days I left the house with Kimie, who drops Irene at Julie's 3-4 days a week while she is working. I was very impressed with Julie, who manages to juggle the schedule of two little girls who need changing, feeding, and napping all at different times. Here's a photo of Julie on a typical day, trying to eat her lunch:

And another of her feeding Irene- Irene had been eating a little bit here and there, but really got the hang of Cheerios and started on rice cereal while I was there:

One day, the three girls went to a wonderful cafe near Kimie's house. The backdrop was perfect for some mother-daughter photos:

And here's one of Julie at home with Naomi:

I had a lot of fun playing with Paul and Ben. We made up games with their Pokeman finger puppets, played board games and a card game from Ken - can't remember the name- but how fun! We also had a dinner at Kimie's house and invited Tim's brother, wife and their son Sherrod for a get together. Ken drove up from Grants Pass and it was WONDERFUL to stay with him. Too bad we all live so far apart! Sorry for the blurry photos, but maybe Julie and Kimie have some better ones. -M
Comments
Wish I could have been there too...
Mom