Car Found!
Well... my faith has been restored! I was giving up hope on our car, but this evening I got the call. The police found our Nissan Maxima in an alley 15 minutes from our house. The window had been smashed, and the ignition had been 'punched', allowing the thief to start the engine with a screwdriver. There was an empty bottle of tequila in the back seat, some credit cards that belonged to someone else who the guy(s) robbed. Kai and Maile's booster and infant car seats were gone, sadly... and the contents of the glove box were spread about the front seat.
The police checked out the scene.. updated the report, had me sign the form and asked me where I wanted it towed. It was too late to have it towed to the insurance agency, so I had it towed back to my house. So far the total cost of this even has bee $85.00 for a rental car for the week and $100.00 for the tow. We'll see how much more this whole thing's gonna cost, but at least the car wasn't totally destroyed. There's no way I could have replaced it for the amount of money the insurance would have paid out.
Thank you all for your emails and phone calls! I'm glad this is almost over... Much Love,
-Jon p.s. Maile's so cute. g'night!
Well... my faith has been restored! I was giving up hope on our car, but this evening I got the call. The police found our Nissan Maxima in an alley 15 minutes from our house. The window had been smashed, and the ignition had been 'punched', allowing the thief to start the engine with a screwdriver. There was an empty bottle of tequila in the back seat, some credit cards that belonged to someone else who the guy(s) robbed. Kai and Maile's booster and infant car seats were gone, sadly... and the contents of the glove box were spread about the front seat.
The police checked out the scene.. updated the report, had me sign the form and asked me where I wanted it towed. It was too late to have it towed to the insurance agency, so I had it towed back to my house. So far the total cost of this even has bee $85.00 for a rental car for the week and $100.00 for the tow. We'll see how much more this whole thing's gonna cost, but at least the car wasn't totally destroyed. There's no way I could have replaced it for the amount of money the insurance would have paid out.
Thank you all for your emails and phone calls! I'm glad this is almost over... Much Love,
-Jon p.s. Maile's so cute. g'night!
Comments