Career Update
Hello all, sorry for the long period of silence... I owe you all some photos and summer updates, expect those from me next... I'm using this post to let you all know about my recent career moves.
As you're aware, I have spent the past 4 years running a small user experience consultancy (Limina) for technology driven products, services and software. For those of you who don't know yet, I have been interviewing for a full time position as a user experience specialist at a technology product or service firm.
To be honest, my preference would be to stay with Limina, but as Maile's due date approaches.. there is a need for Maria and I to secure more financial stability.
I interviewed with several firms:
http://www.endeca.com/
http://www.clearspring.com/
http://www.freewebs.com/
Each of them are proving innovative technology solutions to user experience problems. I was initially intrigued by Endeca and have former contacts from past work who currently work there. Unfortunately, working with Endeca would have required relocation and 20-40% travel.
FreeWebs is a company focused on "making website creation and maintenance" easy for the masses. They have been slow in getting the interview process started.
Clearspring is a Web Widget provider, introducing new ways to package, syndicate and distribute content over the web. They are backed heavily by Venture Capital and managed by former AOLers. I initially interviewed for a User Interface Designer role. After several rounds of discussion with them, they have asked me to join their company as Director of User Experience! They are excited about working with me... and although they are not initially my first choice... they gave me a very strong offer with a great compensation and benefits package.
I will be taking the next 3 weeks to wrap up all of my Limina duties and prepare myself for my next career position.
I'll give you all an update as I transition to my new role.
Wish me luck!
-Jon
Hello all, sorry for the long period of silence... I owe you all some photos and summer updates, expect those from me next... I'm using this post to let you all know about my recent career moves.
As you're aware, I have spent the past 4 years running a small user experience consultancy (Limina) for technology driven products, services and software. For those of you who don't know yet, I have been interviewing for a full time position as a user experience specialist at a technology product or service firm.
To be honest, my preference would be to stay with Limina, but as Maile's due date approaches.. there is a need for Maria and I to secure more financial stability.
I interviewed with several firms:
http://www.endeca.com/
http://www.clearspring.com/
http://www.freewebs.com/
Each of them are proving innovative technology solutions to user experience problems. I was initially intrigued by Endeca and have former contacts from past work who currently work there. Unfortunately, working with Endeca would have required relocation and 20-40% travel.
FreeWebs is a company focused on "making website creation and maintenance" easy for the masses. They have been slow in getting the interview process started.
Clearspring is a Web Widget provider, introducing new ways to package, syndicate and distribute content over the web. They are backed heavily by Venture Capital and managed by former AOLers. I initially interviewed for a User Interface Designer role. After several rounds of discussion with them, they have asked me to join their company as Director of User Experience! They are excited about working with me... and although they are not initially my first choice... they gave me a very strong offer with a great compensation and benefits package.
I will be taking the next 3 weeks to wrap up all of my Limina duties and prepare myself for my next career position.
I'll give you all an update as I transition to my new role.
Wish me luck!
-Jon
Comments