Post Turkey Day Post:
Hi Everyone! Hope all are well and had a good holiday. In the absence of other posts, I will give you our holiday report:
Tim and I did nothing on Thanksgiving. Well, not nothing! Tim went out for an early run and then out fishing in the rain. I tried to wait for the rain to let up but finally ended up doing my own wet run later that afternoon. We had a delicious dinner of salmon, asparagus and potatoes, and, having some girl scout cookies and bananas around, I made a mini banana cream pie for dessert.
We enjoyed a relaxing weekend and went to a friend's on Saturday for a 'wrap up' party. This is when you wrap up your leftovers and bring them to someone else's place. :) I made a pecan dacquoise with coffee buttercream and chocolate ganache, but was surprised (I shouldn't have been, in retrospect) to find that most people brought PIE and not leftover turkey. We had a nice meal and ended up having a taste of everyone's pie. There were about 5 or 6 different pumpkin pies- it was incredible.
What did you all do? I would love to hear people's stories about the holidays. Here's my contribution in questions to you all:
What are you grateful for?
My answer: The election results this month!
Your turn!
Hi Everyone! Hope all are well and had a good holiday. In the absence of other posts, I will give you our holiday report:
Tim and I did nothing on Thanksgiving. Well, not nothing! Tim went out for an early run and then out fishing in the rain. I tried to wait for the rain to let up but finally ended up doing my own wet run later that afternoon. We had a delicious dinner of salmon, asparagus and potatoes, and, having some girl scout cookies and bananas around, I made a mini banana cream pie for dessert.
We enjoyed a relaxing weekend and went to a friend's on Saturday for a 'wrap up' party. This is when you wrap up your leftovers and bring them to someone else's place. :) I made a pecan dacquoise with coffee buttercream and chocolate ganache, but was surprised (I shouldn't have been, in retrospect) to find that most people brought PIE and not leftover turkey. We had a nice meal and ended up having a taste of everyone's pie. There were about 5 or 6 different pumpkin pies- it was incredible.
What did you all do? I would love to hear people's stories about the holidays. Here's my contribution in questions to you all:
What are you grateful for?
My answer: The election results this month!
Your turn!
Comments