Roses and Garden: Well! We are still having a very wet season here, but today the rain stopped and we decided to work in the garden.
Here are some photos of the roses: This first picture is 'Susan's Sister', Grandpa's rose that I started from cuttings he sent me. It is a beautiful climber that starts out yellow and turns to orange, then red as it ages:
This next rose is an Austin English rose that my friend and expert rosarian David Cannistraro gave me, called 'Graham Thomas'. It is just starting to flush out and this is the first of the blooms:

This pink rose at left is called 'Queen Elizabeth', and a really carefree trouble-free rose. To it's right is another of Grandpa's
roses that I ordered from an online rose place (It is either 'Melvin' or 'Milan'.:

The next is a red climbing rose that Tim picked called 'Dublin Bay'. Tim built a beautiful arbor for this gateway today and also replaced the old fencing. He will finish off the decorative top, but the saw ran out of juice. He is also going to build another arbor for the opposite entry:


Here are some photos of the roses: This first picture is 'Susan's Sister', Grandpa's rose that I started from cuttings he sent me. It is a beautiful climber that starts out yellow and turns to orange, then red as it ages:
This next rose is an Austin English rose that my friend and expert rosarian David Cannistraro gave me, called 'Graham Thomas'. It is just starting to flush out and this is the first of the blooms:
This pink rose at left is called 'Queen Elizabeth', and a really carefree trouble-free rose. To it's right is another of Grandpa's
roses that I ordered from an online rose place (It is either 'Melvin' or 'Milan'.:
The next is a red climbing rose that Tim picked called 'Dublin Bay'. Tim built a beautiful arbor for this gateway today and also replaced the old fencing. He will finish off the decorative top, but the saw ran out of juice. He is also going to build another arbor for the opposite entry:


This last shot has a glimpse of the purple rose 'Neptune' with Grandpa's rose to the left of it, and the white rose "John F. Kennedy". We have a lot of work ahead, as we have taken on an extra plot this year and have been busy rebuilding the front of the garden (veggie and new plot sides), but hope to get everything in place and send some shots soon! I am adding this last photo on the right, which I thought was 'Tiffany'. David tells me that it is not, so I would love to have him come take a look to identify it. It is a lovely and fragrant rose. :) -M



Comments
HOW AMAZING! Grandpa would be so proud. You'll have to share all of these great pics with him. I'm so proud of you and Tim :-) Sounds like you have your hands full, but nothing better than gardening to make a brighter day (esp. with thumbs as green as yours!)
I hope to get Hiro a little more involved in our garden other than just picking herbs when needed for his cooking :-)