Hi everyone,
OK, I don't know if I am doing this right -- maybe I was supposed to post this as a comment to Marie's post, since it was a response to her Thanksgiving theme, but I guess I am posting a new subject. Here goes.
We had a nice Thanksgiving with friends whose extended family has their holiday meal at a bible camp out in the woods. The boys had a blast with their 6-year old friend Zoe who now lives in Spokane.

As you can see, we starved our kids before we went so they were eating turkey as fast as it could be carved.

After the meal, we ran around outside, exploring, which turned out to be a mistake, since not a speck of food remained after our return for a little post-feast snack!

Anyway, the really exciting thing about this weekend, was a 40% off sale at "knit/purl," one of my favorite yarn stores in Portland. I bought a huge pile of wool to make felted bags for taiko bachi. The idea is to sell the bags at the Regional Taiko Gathering in June. Or I could just continue to hoard yarn in my stash. Bad Julie -- no more going in to yarn stores for the rest of the year!


OK, I don't know if I am doing this right -- maybe I was supposed to post this as a comment to Marie's post, since it was a response to her Thanksgiving theme, but I guess I am posting a new subject. Here goes.
We had a nice Thanksgiving with friends whose extended family has their holiday meal at a bible camp out in the woods. The boys had a blast with their 6-year old friend Zoe who now lives in Spokane.

As you can see, we starved our kids before we went so they were eating turkey as fast as it could be carved.

After the meal, we ran around outside, exploring, which turned out to be a mistake, since not a speck of food remained after our return for a little post-feast snack!

Anyway, the really exciting thing about this weekend, was a 40% off sale at "knit/purl," one of my favorite yarn stores in Portland. I bought a huge pile of wool to make felted bags for taiko bachi. The idea is to sell the bags at the Regional Taiko Gathering in June. Or I could just continue to hoard yarn in my stash. Bad Julie -- no more going in to yarn stores for the rest of the year!


Comments
I've decided (w/ M&P's approval) that even though we couldn't celebrate together on Thursday, we'll attempt a mini post-Thanksgiving feast on Sunday at M&Ps. (I cannot pass up the best excuse of the year to allow myself to pig out and fatten up before winter!!)
I'll pick up a whole free-range chicken and I'll bring over my biggest potatoes from my fresh delivery from Farmer Joan (a farmer in Hokkaido that I help out in exchange for organic veggies) to make twice-baked potatoes, and today at my local grocer's I bought some string beans and salad stuff on sale and some French organic beaujolais nouveau...and hopefully Mom'll help me whip out a pumpkin pie (not from the canned stuff, but from a sunshine pumpkin also from Farmer Joan - but she doesn't know what she's in for yet!! he he). Together with any leftovers from their feast (I think I heard their host was baking over 10 turkeys!), I think we'll manage to have a nice meal.
Of course I'll have to work like crazy next week to make up for taking a whole day off work, but I'll make sure that it's worth it!
(Still hoping Hiro will be able to come to the feast since he's working straight through the weekends these days...)
Kimie
Nor